We are living in an era of social media network where everything we do ends up in social media and business is no exception. As a business owner, finding what social media network suits your business the best becomes enormously important for you. As a major social media platform, Twitter attracts a large number of companies to it. Twitter is one of the giant social media platforms but not as big as Facebook. Twitter is a short message platform for communication that can send tweets to people who subscribe to you. You can also tweet a link with any web content like blog, web page, PDF document etc or a picture or a video clip can also be included in the tweets. People will follow your Twitter page and you can read, answer and share your tweets easily and quickly with you’re the people who follow you on twitter. Here are some important twitter statistics you should keep in mind about Twitter:
Before using Twitter for your business you need to ask yourself some questions:
- Will you be benefited by using Twitter for your business?
2. What are your objectives for twitter marketing?
3. Why you will use Twitter for your business?
Taking all the basic questions from the business owner’s perspective into consideration. I decided to write an extensive article on how you can use twitter for your business. So you should review this blog and if you want to learn how you can use twitter for your businesses in 2019 and promote your business efficiently on Twitter. But let’s attempt to answer these basic questions first before moving forward.
1. Will you be benefited by using Twitter for your business?
It is a great platform for companies to connect and reach their desired audience with more than 330 million active users. Over time, the power of this social media platform has been realized by all companies. Businesses can communicate both with their fans & clients on this great social media platform and no to mention that it can also be used to expand their operations. Another reason for promoting businesses on Twitter is why the promotion of a product or service on this platform which costs very little. Every business should therefore certainly explore Twitter in order to promote their products.
2. What are your objectives for twitter marketing?
You must determine what objectives you want to accomplish by promoting your business on Twitter before moving ahead. Some common twitter goals are:
1. Generate leads and increase sales
2. Spread brand awareness
3. A create hub between the business and customer
Evaluating your business objective would help you analyze your actual performance on this platform. Therefore, determining your goals is extremely important.
3. Why you will use Twitter for your business?
Here are some points which will help you to understand why you need to use Twitter for your business:
1. Communication Hub: The growth of Twitter is rapid. Twitter audience numbers increase every day. It offers small and big companies a fantastic opportunity to search for potential clients. Not only does it give them the possibility to identify new customers, but it also allows them to communicate and interact with current customers. Twitter helps businesses to create a strong brand identity and to solve the issues for their customers.
2. Spread brand awareness: It is very important to build brand awareness for a business. By using Twitter Ads you can connect with new clients and use demographics to reach new customers.
3. Generate leads and increase sales: If you find negative reactors or comments from your potential customers, you can use Twitter to better monitor what people are talking about your brand online, so that you can solve them quickly and not let the circumstance go away out of your hands. You will also find out what people think about your product or brand, which would help you develop a good marketing strategy and provide inputs for the improving product or services which will lead better lead generation and eventually increase in sales.
How Twitter is different from other platforms
Twitter is is microblogging site because of its short and disconnected text messages it is often compared with platforms like Plurk, Tumblr, and FriendFeed. Twitter also shares some common features with some popular social media platform but there some characteristics what makes them unique too:
Facebook: A tweet is just like a short update of a Facebook status. With Twitter, however, every tweet shows up at the feed of each and every follower, unlike Facebook’s EdgeRank filter.
LinkedIn: A tweet is more like a short status update for LinkedIn. While LinkedIn is based entirely on relationships of trust (and two – way agreements), Twitter enables you to follow anyone, such as strangers. This is useful when you target potential customers.
Pinterest: Twitter enables you to share pictures and provide comments in your tweet. With Twitter, however, it is much simpler to have a discussion about a shared picture than with Pinterest’s comment feature.
Youtube: A tweet may contain a short video. However, for easy location and comment, Twitter does not help you create a network or arrange your videos.
Here is how you can use Twitter for your Business
1. Present your Business:
Your Twitter profile is the main foundation for creating a strong twitter experience. It’s the only method of representing your business to the twitter world. It’s vital that your twitter profile should look the same as all your social media profiles. Choose a unique name for your brand and business and make sure it’s consistent.
Your twitter username is one of the most important things as it appears on every tweet you share. It lies under your account name @ggtaskers. Try to avoid using the punctuation to make it easy to write your username on mobile devices. If your precise business name isn’t really available, select a similar name for consistency. Select your profile picture carefully. To represent your account, Twitter offers two different pictures. It is important that you take full advantage of both of these pictures to convey your business story. You publish these pictures in your account settings under the Profile.
Your own Twitter profile picture is a small round picture shown beside each tweet you give. For your profile photo, you can even use your company’s logo or your headshot. Your Twitter profile header is a big background picture in which you can tell stories about your company. Akin to the Facebook cover picture, your header picture will remain at the top of your account page.
2. Provide accurate information:
It is crucial that you finish your Twitter account profile entirely. Each functionality provides more info about your company that add to your business story.
Location: Tell the world where you could be found. But recollect, people may come and visit your profile from some other town, county or state and will not understand your town or society name. Try to give them just enough specific information to find you.
Website: You should share your web address with your followers. You need to provide them with your website or blog, but consider using a unique Twitter landing page. This is a fantastic way to provide the Twitter users looking into your business with detailed information of interest.
Bio: You get 160 characters to tell the world who you are and what you do. Simply skip the mission statement and speak directly about the advantages you are offering. And try to add maybe a little persona which will help you to bring your profile to life.
3. Follow other people and slowly build your follower:
Your Twitter experience will depend on who you follow. Be very careful when following others cos if you try to follow too many people at once twitter might ban you and you don’t wanna get suspended on your first week. You can start following some people who belong to the following category:
1. Your current customers
2. Your potential customers
3.Your direct competitors.
4. Giant corporations of your industry
While following others don’t forget to build up your followers base. Give interesting tweet and trending hashtag to grab attention.
4. Regularly tweet with hashtags:
A tweet is a direct way to communicate with the people who follow you. Tweet stays at the heart of Twitter communication. In twitter you can use five types of messages:
1. Tweet: A short message you sent to the people who follow you
2. @Reply: The message you send in response to your recipient’s message. @reply is a public message indicating the individual’s Twitter username. It appears on every user who already follows both you in a tweet stream and on Twitter’s @connect page.
3. Direct message: Direct message or DM can be used to directly communicate with anyone.
4. Retweet: Retweet is same as Facebook share.
Hashtags provide users with the opportunity to tag a word or phrase to define that group together or hundreds of tweets together. They can be searched and are the perfect partner for live events. The hashtags are a good way of making your content more visible than your own followers. Many popular hashtags, like # FollowFriday and # ThrowbackThursday, are well known to most active Twitter users. You can also generate your own hashtags to focus on your product or events that you hold, but you may not get the required attention at first but if you keep on doing it you might end up creating something big. Many brands focus on trendy topics in order to contribute to their brand or to sell their products. Use relevant hashtags, such as the hashtag #entrepreneurship if you are tweeting about starting a business. You also need to limit the number of hashtags used. The more you use, the more likely people will interact with your online content sometimes people might report it as spam.
5. Use Twitter Ads:
Using Twitter is free but if you want to reach more customers with you profile you might consider using ads. There are different types of twitter ads which you can use to promote your business:
1. Promote Tweet
2. Promote Account
3. Promote Treads
4. Twitter Amplify
5. Promote video
6. Mobile app pro
To learn more about Twitter ads follow this link.
This is just the basic of how you can start using Twitter for your business. Keep your eyes on our blogs to find out more about twitter marketing.
Hi, This is Ifran from GGTaskers I love to write about the latest Digital marketing trends and topics at the same time I am a digital marketing enthusiast. Thank you for reading my blog if you have any concern or suggestion leave a comment below... Cheers