What does WordPress mean? WordPress is a website creation tool written in PHP and it has been around since 2003. Still, it is actually the easiest and most influential blogging and website content management system (CMS) that exists in the world today. Thought it started in 2003 just for blogging website but today WordPress is used for non-blogging sites too. Today, 31.9 percent of all websites use WordPress, which is 59.4 percent of the market share of the content management system. Here are some facts to support it:
- Every month, 400 million people view 24 billion pages which are powered by WordPress.
- 70 million new posts and 47 million comments are made each month.
- WordPress is now available on 120 languages.
- CNN, TED, UPS, CBS Radio and many more are listed as WordPress users.
There are certain advantages when you are using wordpress for building your website. Let’s look at some of the biggest advantages of wordpress:
- WordPress is free
- WordPress is highly customizable
- WordPress is easy to use
- WordPress doesn’t require a lot of coding
- WordPress has a huge community support
- WordPress is much cheaper comparing to other platforms