Social media is always a trending topic is the internet world. Half of the internet population is using at least one social media account and the number is always on the rise. Social media is always being used for different purposes whether it is for business purpose or political social media is considered as the main focal point. When you are starting a business most of the individuals go into a tailspin on choosing which social media platform is best for the business. On this article, I will try to answer this question which will help you to figure out which social media platform is for your business.
Why social media platform is important for your business
We all know that advertising is the act of exchanging interest to consumers. Social media is a marketing tool or platform that helps brands create awareness and social credibility. Social networks include not only communicating with your clients, but also encouraging them to communicate with you. In reality, due to their interest in the product or service, 73.4 per cent of users would follow a brand. This explains why social media platforms are so vital for your business. There are actually a few reasons why you should consider investing your time and effort is social media.
1. Awareness: You can substantially increase the platforms to distribute and syndicate your content by having social media platforms. It ensures that you have the opportunity not only to share but also shared by users. Even though you may not go viral, but it will definitely increase brand awareness.
2. Cost-effective: Social media is free. So you can basically create a free account on most of the platforms. And, you could also pay to promote one or two posts. Or you might even be running an ad. But there’s is forcefully doing it and it is not a must. That’s why social media is relevant. This enables you to pay as much or as little as you like.
3. Increase sales: Advertising on social media relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. Ultimately, because of the need for social currency, you are sharing your company, content and experience, and having people to talk about you. You become a reliable suggestion to your friends when someone tags or mentions your company in a tweet. Plus, this way you are likely to be placed before performance leads. Growing your leads and referrals and potentially increase your sales around the globe.
The three points I mentioned is actually enough to convey the importance of social media. Every company or business want to create awareness in a cost-effective way which will lead to increased sales.
Social media checklists
Before we jump into choosing the best social media platform for your business you need to complete the below checklists first. Based on your answers you need to select the platform. So let’s start:
1. B2B vs B2C:
You’re either B2B or B2C? Because things are changing so rapidly that’s why if people want to buy things, we’re not yet to the point out go to social media sites. There are variations such as shopping for local goods on the markets on Twitter, but a general rule of thumb is that people on social media are at the bottom of the selling funnel. What this means to you is that for the stage of the wrong customer, you may be aiming your advertising or social media strategy. The probability of them going all the way down the tube instead of heading to the next topic in their list. If you are a B2B business then your main objective will be to create awareness while on B2C your main objective will be generating sales.
This is one of the most important checklists. You need to figure out who are the people who need your product or service. You need to set a profile for the audiences and set demographic interest to do that you need to ask the following questions:
- Where does your target audience live?
- What the age of the audience?
- What is the average income of your audience?
- What do they like or dislike?
- Which platform do they spend their most time on?
3. Set goal: Goal setting is really important when you what to be successful whether its social media or your life you need to set some specific goals for your social media efforts. For example, do you want to just raise awareness ? or you want to increase sales. Be specific and plan your social media marketing efforts surrounding the goals you have set for yourself.